Saturday, February 25, 2017

Storm Quid

Do you ever have one of those weekends where you have everything planned out and you just know, you just know what to expect.....

well this was one of those weekend, i was going to get cancelled from work thursday night, parents were coming on friday, i'd work friday night... sleep a little bit on saturday and then have the rest of the weekend with my boys.

the universe had other plans for us.

I ended up working thursday night- and my parents came down thursday to beat the snow (which we later name those 18 inches and 50mph winds "Storm Quid".)

friday nash spent the day with my parents here at home, while i slept. i get a message from nick saying he was coming home early from work, i figured it was because of the roads. .... nope. he was in a ton of pain and could barely stand. so friday evening before i was going in to work... we brought nick into the emergency department (long story short with that... it was his gallbladder)



meanwhile while nick was getting medical care i needed to get ready for my long 12 hour night shift on minimal sleep and the reality that there were going to be a lot of road calls from staff, so i needed to be prepared to be understaffed.

so naturally we went out for pizza ;)
grandma always telling him secrets

you can kind of see all the snow accumulating on the trees outside the window

Add caption


my parents dropped me off at work, and braved the roads back home, since we weren't sure if nick was going to have surgery, they didn't want to sit in the ED with nash all night. my dad stayed up to hear from nick and ended pick him up around 11pm. my amazing coworkers helped me out and let me go spend a few minutes here and there with him since the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit where i work is exactly 3 floors above where nick was. its a comforting feeling being close even if i couldn't be at his bedside all night.

so once again my dad braved storm quid to pick up nick......and then again he picked me up saturday morning at 730am. i tell you what, that man has a heart of gold.

so what i thought was going to be a predictable weekend, it was anything but what i planned. and other than nicks gallbladder it was a wonderful weekend filled with family, pizza, fireplaces, and comfy clothes

hope you all stayed safe and warm during storm quid!

No comments:

Post a Comment